As with all such things when designing a layout, plans evolve and change.
A quick run down on what has occurred:
- Boards have been given a coat of while emulsion to protect them from damp (living in an old ’60s council house it is a bit of a problem in some parts).
- All boards have been acquired for the plan now
- Templot plan 99% finalised
- Further stock has been acquired (HALs, BILs, EPBs and a Bulleid SUB kit)
What has yet to occur:
- Board dowels to be added (need to purchase)
- Templot plan to be printed out
- Laying of cork on boards to raise the track bed
- Track construction to begin
To the revised plan…
The layout plan is based upon that at Shepperton as below.
- Oil Terminal [top left of the plan]
- Parcels platform [bay platform]
- Coal Merchants [One of the two middle sidings]
- Carriage siding [3rd from left curving road]
- Siding/Head shunt [4th from left road]
- Second platform at Shepperton wasn’t used that I can assertain, so the platform probably won’t be present, but a walkway for staff use may feature.